Three Students Died in a Fire at a School in Adamawa

The fire was started by mosquito repellent.

The incident took place in an Islamic school Three schoolchildren in Yola, Adamawa State, died after a fire broke out in their room.

The dead were students of an Islamic school, better known as almajirai.

The incident was caused by a fire ignited by a burning mosquito coil at their school premises in Sabon Pegi, a community in Yola South Local Government Area.

This Monday it was collected that the event occurred on the night of Friday, July 7. School owner Malam Abubakar Usman confirmed the unfortunate incident.

He said the students died due to the burning mosquito repellent that engulfed their room. According to him, two students, Ismaila Muhammadu, who was 12, and Yusuf Abubakar, who was 13, died instantly, while 17-year-old Mustafa Ahmadu died during hospitalization on Saturday morning.

Giving her account of the deadly fire, Ismaila Mohammed said: “It was around 11pm (Friday) when we had already gone to bed, and one of the children came in crying.

“We ran to see that one of the huts was on fire and we decided to douse the fire; Then we saw two dead Almajirai in the burnt hut.





Within Nigeria

Make your comments...